Five Mile River Nursery School has NAEYC accreditation renewed
The Five Mile River Nursery School announces it has had its accreditation renewed for the second time under new NAEYC standards. Programs must meet 80 percent of 473 criteria in 10 Standards in order to be awarded Accreditation. The Five Mile River Nursery School reports it has received 100 percent or higher in nine of the 10 Standards.
All NAEYC Accredited Programs Must:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults;
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development -- cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social;
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches;
- Provide ongoing assessments of child progress;
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and staff;
- Employ and support qualified teaching staff;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families;
- Establish and maintain relationships with and use resources of the community;
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment;
- Implement strong program management policies that result in high-quality service.
The Five Mile River Nursery School is a private, nonprofit preschool owned and operated by the Rowayton United Methodist Church. There are part-day and enrichment programs offered for 2-year-olds, 3-year-olds and Pre-K programs for 4- and 5-year-olds.
To enroll in the summer programs or to register for the 2012-2013 school year, email email@example.com or call 203-838-4266.