Fire in New Canaan duplex caused by plumber soldering a pipe
Updated 5:27 pm, Monday, February 20, 2017
NEW CANAAN — Units from New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Vista, N.Y. responded to a fire in the bathroom wall of a River Street house Feb. 17.
According to Fire Chief Jack Hennessey, the fire began in a bathroom of a two-family home under renovation when a plumber tried to solder a pipe in the wall. The call came in around 1:45 p.m. and the scene was officially cleared by 3 p.m.
Hennessey said the fire started to extend but was contained to the bathroom. There were no injuries, but there was heavy damage to the bathroom.