College night at the Outback Teen Center
- College admissions timelines (e.g. curriculum selection, test dates, summer plans, college visits, extracurriculars, etc.);
- Application components (essays, teacher recommendations, counselor forms, test scores, transcript, resume, etc.);
- A "glossary" of college admissions terms (e.g. ED/EA/rolling/regular, common application, test-optional, etc.);
- A mock admissions committee exercise.
RSVP via email to Naleena at Greenwich Education Group at email@example.com
For more information, call 203-594-9777 or 203-594-3075.
"The college research and application process has become so complex and competitive for students and parents," Outback Board of Directors President Christina Fagerstal said. "Our goal is to provide practical tips and a proactive process for finding the best fit for each of our teens, while allaying anxiety during this important phase of our children's lives."
Upcoming academic info nights include:
- Jan. 26, "Homework Hassle" of particular interest to middle school parents;
- February, date TBD, "Executive Functioning by Tammy Moscript;
- March, date TBD, "Gifted Child" with a speaker from Silver Hill Hospital;
- April 24, "Standardized Testing Strategies;"
- May 17, "The College Essay."
The Outback Teen Center, Inc. is dedicated to providing a positive and enriching environment in New Canaan where teens are able to relax, socialize, participate in self-directed activities and have the opportunity to contribute to the community.
The Outback holds many scheduled events and can also be rented out for private functions. For more information on teen programs, Community Service initiatives, membership information or information regarding the program calendar visit www.ncoutbacktc.com, www.facebook.com/OutbackTC or call the First County Bank-sponsored hotline at 203-594-3074.