(skip this header)

New Canaan News

Thursday, April 17, 2014

newcanaannewsonline.com Businesses

« Back to Article

No injuries in basement fire

Published 3:01 pm, Monday, January 6, 2014
Larger | Smaller
Email This
Font

More Information

Fact box
Page 1 of 1

The New Canaan Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 110 Logan Road Monday at 12:17 p.m.

Heavy smoke was reported in the basement of the home, which is under renovation, according to a press release issued by Fire Marshal Fred Baker. A welder's spark ignited outdoor furniture cushions that were stored in the basement.

Workers extinguished most of the fire, the release said.

Although there was smoke throughout the home, there was no structural damage and no reported injuries.