New Canaan forecast: A bit warmer, but showers possible
Published 6:46 am, Tuesday, April 16, 2013
It will be another day with at least partly cloudy conditions in southwestern Connecticut, but temperatures should be a bit warmer than yesterday as they rise to the mid-60s.
The National Weather Service says it will also be a breezy day, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph in the morning, gusting as high as 29 mph later.
There is a 50 percent chance of showers tonight, with cloudy skies and a low temperature about 50 degrees, the NWS says.
Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy, with a high temperature in the mid-60s and a northwest wind 6 to 10 mph, becoming west in the afternoon. Nighttime will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
On Thursday, there is a slight chance of showers after noon as temperatures climb to a high near 60 degrees. Nighttime also brings a slight chance of showers as temperatures dip to a low in the low-50s.
There is a chance of showers -- and possible thunderstorms -- after 10 a.m. Friday as temperatures rise to a high in the mid-60s. Chance of precipitation is about 30 percent, the NWS says. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Friday night as the temperature dips to about 50 degrees. Odds of nighttime precipitation are 70 percent.
On Saturday, showers and thunderstorms are likely as the temperature rises to the upper-50s. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Nighttime will be partly cloudy, with a low temperature around 40 degrees.
The outlook for Sunday, according to the weather service, is sunny and temperatures in the mid-50s.